The T Level in Maintenance, Installation and Repair for Engineering and Manufacturing enables you to develop the skills, experience and knowledge needed to thrive in a range of occupations. A T Level is available to those aged 16-19 and is made up of 80 per cent classroom work and 20 per cent work placement.
T Level Maintenance, Installation and Repair for Engineering and Manufacturing (Automotive)
You will combine hands-on learning using industry-standard machines and software in our specially designed workshop for engineering, and academic study with a 45-day work experience placement with a local employer.
You will study core units covering a range of topics such as:
- Understanding the material properties – how materials, conditions and context influence design processes and products
- Working in the Engineering and Manufacturing sectors
- Mathematics for engineering and manufacturing
- Principles of business, commerce, and finance
In Year Two, you will be required to choose an occupation specialism from:
- Maintenance engineering technologies: mechatronic
- Maintenance, installation and repair: light and electric vehicles
During this year, you will further develop your knowledge whilst developing the skills needed complete your specialist project.
In your work experience, you will develop transferrable technical and practical skills based on the knowledge gained in College. This gives you opportunity to use your skills in a realistic working environment.